Sunday, September 9, 2007

Angelina Jolie-- too much of a good thing?


Angelina, acrylic, 24" x 30", 2007
(click on image for larger size)

I started this painting of Angelina Jolie a couple of years ago, and never quite finished it. As time went on, I began to get really tired of the increasingly massive exposure that she was getting in the media, and didn't even want to look at this painting, much less finish it. More recently, however, she has been receiving a bit less attention, so I thought okay-- I can go ahead and finish the painting. I completed this piece in late August, in the last days of my summer vacation.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I had to laugh Rick about the history of this dynamic work. I totally dig that you took some time off. Yes...she and those Kardashian's....media monsters!
love what you did with the painting.
_diane Kramer
www.dianemariekramer.com